Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   The Language Lab (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Arabic عربية (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=115703)

severus_prince March 31st, 2008 3:46 am

Arabic عربية

arabic, anyone here knows arabic
من هوَ عربي

severus_prince April 1st, 2008 4:43 am

Re: Arabic عربية

if you want any translations or want to learn the arabic language that is way older than english you can ask me.
or u can pm me
thnx

gipro2003 April 1st, 2008 4:57 am

Nope, but it is one of my minors. I start classes next semester.

xhanax315 April 1st, 2008 5:11 am

Its pretty awesome written out. My friend writes and speaks it. Its pretty cool when you have her write something for you.

severus_prince April 1st, 2008 10:21 pm

what i really like about this language is the cilography(i think thats how u spell it in english) its a really cool arthttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...an_Mosque2.jpg
and this is just a simple
the translation is theyr is no god but god and mohammed is his prophet

thethirdman May 25th, 2008 3:48 am

اعرف بعض اللغلة العربيلة

beckster July 25th, 2008 3:30 am

I tried to learn a bit of Arabic before I went to Egypt last year but I didn't get very far. I'd love to learn it though, mainly because I want to travel a lot and also because Arabic lettering looks really cool:D

fattoad July 25th, 2008 5:10 pm

I know how to read and write it but I can't speak it. :lol:
I also don't understand most of it but I can transalate a few words.

bellatrix93 September 15th, 2008 4:49 pm

Arabic is my first language. I speak Egyptian accent.   

Grymmditch September 15th, 2008 9:53 pm

Arabic, like Hebrew, is written and read from right to left, correct?

BeckyDR September 15th, 2008 10:04 pm

correct :) and I speak a little Arabic but can't read it

LilyLunaPotter November 17th, 2008 12:24 am

I can read it, and write it, though my writing is horrible looking!

suhair November 18th, 2008 12:39 pm

لغتي الام هى العربية
Arabic is my first language

Gaian November 18th, 2008 2:13 pm

I learnt a few arabic words with my husband who comes from Tunisia and speaks Arabic, French and English fluently, but it's not enough to hold a conversation. I can only understand the talking point when I catch a word that I understand. I can't write or read it, but fortunatly for me French is spoken and understood quite well in North Africa.
Hopefully my kids will be better than me, my elder son can already speak a little arabic, but still prefers French.

Rajae November 18th, 2008 2:43 pm

well as my parrents come from morocco I can understand arabic and read it a bit...but i cannot speak or write arabic.......i only can speak Moroccan arabic :)...i still have some time to learn it

thethirdman February 6th, 2009 1:38 am

I speak MSA. I doubt I'd understand a few of you if we had a conversation. Arabic, even after a couple years of study, still gives me trouble when I get into different dialects.

shaylee_ann February 12th, 2009 10:20 pm

I'm in my second semester of Arabic. I really love it, although I can't say much of anything right now.

thethirdman February 14th, 2009 10:32 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaylee_ann (Post 5234063)
I'm in my second semester of Arabic. I really love it, although I can't say much of anything right now.

It just takes practice. You'd be amazed at how well you can speak in less than a year if you keep at. Try reading BBC Arabic and listening to Al Arabia or Al Jazeera to improve your language.

shaylee_ann February 16th, 2009 12:46 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by thethirdman (Post 5235136)
It just takes practice. You'd be amazed at how well you can speak in less than a year if you keep at. Try reading BBC Arabic and listening to Al Arabia or Al Jazeera to improve your language.

:)
I'm trying. I actually have been listening to the BBC Arabic podcast and Al Jazeera every so often. I hadn't heard of Al Arabia. I can't understand anything they say, but I know I just need to hear the language as much as possible. Since there aren't many Arabic speakers where I live, I have to do the best I can. :)

thethirdman February 16th, 2009 1:23 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaylee_ann (Post 5235726)
:)
I'm trying. I actually have been listening to the BBC Arabic podcast and Al Jazeera every so often. I hadn't heard of Al Arabia. I can't understand anything they say, but I know I just need to hear the language as much as possible. Since there aren't many Arabic speakers where I live, I have to do the best I can. :)

You've got the right idea. Al Arabia is another Arabic news outlet. If Al Jazeera is CNN, Al Arabia would be MSNBC. Keep at it. You'll get it.