Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   The Wizengamot Administration Services (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Ask the Staff v8 (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=128239)

GloryZombie July 7th, 2011 4:45 am

Re: Ask the Staff v8

Thank you for the help. At least now I know I wasn't just blindly searching for something right in front of me.

gertiekeddle July 7th, 2011 10:03 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerryLore (Post 5767492)
What are the images next to the forum titles? Kind of looks to me like a face with a green wizard cap.

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean, but most icons tell their secret when you hoover over them and wait a few second (because then a description appears). Does this help?

ArryGrotter July 7th, 2011 10:10 am

If they mean this:

http://www.cosforums.com/images/dhus.../forum_new.gif

It is Voldemort's face as seen on the US cover of DH. If it is in colour that means that there are new posts in the thread.

MerryLore July 7th, 2011 2:47 pm

This:

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/v.../forum_new.gif

It's from this?

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image...8fb2a110.L.jpg

Sorry - just really curious.

ArryGrotter July 7th, 2011 2:53 pm

Ah, there are different images depending on the theme you are using. I'm not sure what that is - its probably from the UK cover of DH - but it works the same way as the Voldemort's face I showed above.

MerryLore July 7th, 2011 2:56 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArryGrotter (Post 5767742)
Ah, there are different images depending on the theme you are using. I'm not sure what that is - its probably from the UK cover of DH - but it works the same way as the Voldemort's face I showed above.

That's it!! Thank you so much!

gertiekeddle July 7th, 2011 5:24 pm

Yes, that's from the UK Cover - and indeed used in the function ArryGrotter described. Thanks!

Deva July 7th, 2011 7:40 pm

Hi,
will i be notified if my thread gets rejected?
(I hope it doesn't get rejected though)

I didn't save it on my hard drive. I thought it would get published right away. If it gets rejected, will i lose it?

Thanks!

Alastor July 7th, 2011 7:56 pm

Usually the poster is notified by owl if a thread is rejected.

Your thread has been merged with an already existing thread with the same topic, in which case you can see the redirect in the forum where you originally posted it for about 24 hours.

Sometimes threads are also closed with an explanation given inthread by the staff member who did it.

Lprdgecko July 8th, 2011 5:06 pm

How do you post a poll?

gertiekeddle July 8th, 2011 5:23 pm

Only staff can post polls. It's a rule we alas needed to invent to safe bandwidth. If you have an idea for a poll, please owl any member of staff online (blue and red usernames) and we see, whether it is possible. :)

Deva July 10th, 2011 4:58 pm

I had a couple ideas for threads, i want to to run it by the mods before posting them

FIRST - Funniest Harry Potter Moments
-----

SECOND - Little questions answered - opinion based

Just like the the little questions answered thread, but instead of asking questions having factual answers, asking questions such as
1) How do you feel about Xenophilus Lovegood?
2) Do you think, we ought to feel sorry for Draco?
3) In your opinion, how much did hermione change for the good, through the series?
4) Percy's loyalties - admirable or despicable?

and questions like that.

Thanks.

dreyesbo July 11th, 2011 4:30 am

Hello!

I want to change my signature into the one I have in another forum ( this one), of course resizing it to follow the size policies. I was just wondering, because the rules do not mention anything like that...would it be considered a "spoiler", even if all those are images and phrases stated on the trailer?

Thanks.

SusanBones July 11th, 2011 4:32 am

I'm sorry but that link doesn't show your signature. If you have doubts, you could always send the signature via Owl to one of the mods. They could tell you if it was allowed or not. :)

dreyesbo July 11th, 2011 4:35 am

Either way, thanks for the answer, I'll send the owl! :)

FutureAuthor13 July 12th, 2011 9:48 am

Hi, just to ask, the Cos Forums Staff Message and the 'Nine Years of Cos' Thread doesn't mean Cos will be closing, does it? :(

The_Green_Woods July 12th, 2011 10:21 am

Hi, I would like to know what happened to old threads in the culture forum; I was looking for the Predestination or Freewill thread and could not find it there or in the Non Harry Potter Archives. Has the thread been removed? Thanks. :)

mysterious July 12th, 2011 10:29 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by FutureAuthor13 (Post 5771339)
Hi, just to ask, the Cos Forums Staff Message and the 'Nine Years of Cos' Thread doesn't mean Cos will be closing, does it?

I sure hope not. I don't think 9 is a good number to close at. :p

I miss the clicky for firework that was put up when we celebrated the 6th year, any chance of having it this time round as well. :eyebrows:

gertiekeddle July 12th, 2011 2:23 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FutureAuthor13 (Post 5771339)
Hi, just to ask, the Cos Forums Staff Message and the 'Nine Years of Cos' Thread doesn't mean Cos will be closing, does it?

We don't celebrate every birthday, but also had party threads for some others (I think last time the 6th birthday mysterious mentioned). That's no indication for any closure. :)

RemusLupinFan July 12th, 2011 3:14 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Green_Woods (Post 5771344)
Hi, I would like to know what happened to old threads in the culture forum; I was looking for the Predestination or Freewill thread and could not find it there or in the Non Harry Potter Archives. Has the thread been removed? Thanks. :)

I'm afraid I can't find it either. Unfortunately it may have been pruned.