Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   The Wizengamot Administration Services (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Ask the Staff v8 (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=128239)

The_Green_Woods July 12th, 2011 3:34 pm

Re: Ask the Staff v8

Thank you RemusLupinFan. :) Though I am sad it was removed. That was an awesome thread, with great debates, that made interesting reading now and then. Ah well. :)

eddie330 July 15th, 2011 10:06 pm

What happened to the characters?

Didn't there used to be special COS accounts for a lot of the characters set up? Whatever happened to those?

RemusLupinFan July 15th, 2011 11:26 pm

You’re correct, we do have accounts for many of the characters which are managed by the staff. However, since the staff are all volunteers, we often don’t have huge amounts of time to log in and play the characters. But from time to time you may see them reactivate. :)

Deva July 17th, 2011 9:13 pm

What are those rotating stars on the top right of a post?
Are those repuation stars?

RemusLupinFan July 17th, 2011 9:14 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deva (Post 5776035)
What are those rotating stars on the top right of a post?
Are those repuation stars?

The stars represent how many years you've been a member of the forums. See this thread. :)

The_Green_Woods July 18th, 2011 3:25 pm

Are there posts/threads being deleted? I've lost a lot of my post count; nearly 50 of them in the last two days. Thanks. :)

gertiekeddle July 18th, 2011 4:05 pm

Yep, we pruned a bit.

The_Green_Woods July 18th, 2011 4:15 pm

Thanks gertie. :) I hope it won't continue for long, because I want to get to 6000. :lol:

gertiekeddle July 18th, 2011 4:25 pm

Nah, no worries. We're done now. Thanks for your understanding! :)

eddie330 July 18th, 2011 4:45 pm

What does the "invisibility cloak" do?

gertiekeddle July 18th, 2011 5:56 pm

If you enable it, other nobody - expect staff - will see you when you're online.

leah49 July 18th, 2011 7:52 pm

Why is the Snape Character Anaylsis thread in the main Stone forum and not the Legilimency Studies subforum?

Moriath July 18th, 2011 8:07 pm

Because a member of staff merged threads and didn't notice that the threads were merged into the wrong forum. But thank you for the polite enquiry! :)

SBNB July 19th, 2011 5:03 am

Why is "US Political Discussion" password protected?

gertiekeddle July 19th, 2011 8:30 am

It's an experiment. Within this area people discuss bare many of the forum's well developed rules. We do this with a small part of the membership only to see whether it works.

ForbiddenSecret July 19th, 2011 9:45 pm

How do I accept an invitation to a social group? It is for a common room, and I can't figure it out. I have a feeling it is something very obvious that I just looked over.

lilyrose July 19th, 2011 9:52 pm

Click the 'Invitation to Join Social Groups' and go to your common room's page. Depending on your layout, you can see options to join the common room. On the right top corner you can see two options (highlight the right top corner, because in some skins this isn't visible): Join Group and Decline Invitation. Click and join the group. Hope this helps :)

ForbiddenSecret July 19th, 2011 9:55 pm

Oh ok, thanks. That helped a lot! :)

S_mackrell July 20th, 2011 9:52 am

Can someone please delete my thread for my fanart? http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=128981

I decided it was a bad idea to post unfinished art when I intend to finish it...:/

Morgoth July 20th, 2011 10:06 am

All done for you.