Chamber of Secrets

Chamber of Secrets (http://www.cosforums.com/index.php)
-   The Wizengamot Administration Services (http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Ask the Staff v8 (http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=128239)

TheScribbler July 20th, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: Ask the Staff v8

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I have a question about qualification for Hogsmeade. I was looking at the list of forums we need to post in, and I was panicking slightly. I know nothing of some of the non-HP threads there! For example, I am completely unacquainted with anime. How can I talk about something I don't know about? I'll try my best, anyway.
Thanks so much! :wave:

gertiekeddle July 20th, 2011 5:14 pm

Hi, that's no problem! The list shows just which areas count for Hogsmeade (if you post there anyway), but you don't need to post in there. It's always a plus if you have some variety, but we also have people in Hogsmeade who are interested eg in the Potter movies only and as such never visit any other area than Muggle Studies. (And I've no clues about Anime either...) :)

TheScribbler July 20th, 2011 6:15 pm

Alright, thank you! I'll get as much variety as I can :)

Alastor July 20th, 2011 7:54 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheScribbler (Post 5778531)
Alright, thank you! I'll get as much variety as I can :)

But remember still that we look much more for quality than for quantity. Just post in the areas where you think you have something you want to say and have fun. :)

willfitz July 21st, 2011 3:34 am

I just saw "Referrals" under the statistics tab on the profile page and I don't know what it means. Help?

SusanBones July 21st, 2011 3:53 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by willfitz (Post 5778903)
I just saw "Referrals" under the statistics tab on the profile page and I don't know what it means. Help?

Someone put your name down when they signed up for an account. Most people have no idea who used their names as a referral.

And from Morgoth:

Quote:

It was software embedded with vBulletin when the site was activated. I think there was a plan one time to link referrals to perks, so the more you had, the more message space you got etc. But it never took off, so it's a bit like the appendix of forum software, I guess.

Urania July 22nd, 2011 10:09 am

Shouldn't there be spoileralert whenever DH part 2 is mentioned? Or was that only used when there was bookrelease?

I for one have not yet seen DH part two (as it was only released a few weeks back in Denmark), so I stay well clear of the forum dedicated to this... so it's very upsetting to find facts from the movie in threads like "plotholes, inconsistencys..."

Should there be spoilerwarnings or should I just stay away from this forum till I've seen the movie?

gertiekeddle July 22nd, 2011 10:31 am

We generally don't do a strict spoiler alert for the movies, but yes: it should be common sense to not mention DH plots in the Muggles Studies.

Movie facts don't belong in the Stone (where 'Plot contradictions...') is located at all anyway - this is a book discussion area only. If we spot such contents, we delete them.

sas67 July 23rd, 2011 1:15 pm

If I want to ask if anybody can help me on the Deathly Hallows Part 2 DS game where can i go to ask?

Tenshi July 23rd, 2011 1:31 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by sas67 (Post 5780788)
If I want to ask if anybody can help me on the Deathly Hallows Part 2 DS game where can i go to ask?

How about this thread Harry Potter Video Games? :)

Mafelda July 23rd, 2011 3:29 pm

Sorry Brand new here. I have looked all through the control panel and can not find anywhere to post an Avatar. Am I missing it in the FAQ?
Also is there a group of standard avatars this forum uses. Sorry to be a bother. Have tried to upload a small picture in my signature with no luck either. Anyone shed some light? Thank you in advance. :agree:

gertiekeddle July 23rd, 2011 4:03 pm

:welcome: to CoS!

Avatars are a feature only Hogsmeade members can wear. For reference: Hogsmeade Review Guidelines.

But you can instal a signature (max. size 300x300 pixels), if you'd like to. :)

Mafelda July 23rd, 2011 4:15 pm

Wonderful, thank you for your quick response.
I look forward to getting through all these wonderful posts and if I eventually qualify, well that will be an added bonus! :wave:

Alastor July 23rd, 2011 6:36 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafelda (Post 5780821)
Have tried to upload a small picture in my signature with no luck either. Anyone shed some light? Thank you in advance. :agree:

Maybe this thread could be useful: Siggies for Dummies

il0v3emma July 24th, 2011 3:04 am

Is there any way for a mod to change a person's username? Mine was from ages ago and I would love it if it could be changed. Thanks!

SusanBones July 24th, 2011 3:33 am

I'm sorry but we don't usually change people's user names.

Mafelda July 24th, 2011 3:43 am

Hate to be a bother again but I was wondering where all you folks find some of those great signatures? I understand how to post them but cannot seem to find a source. I have been on other forums and they had links to sites that had their themed signatures. Any hints would be much appreciated.;)

gertiekeddle July 24th, 2011 8:52 am

Many members post signatures for free use in Magical Masterpieces.

I'm aware I currently don't have one, but I also got many good signatures by just randomly checking around what others have. Usually every signature image is credited, so if you follow the link there are probably many more great works.

Last not least, if you already have an idea, you can check for an artist in Custom Signature/ Avatar/ Wallpaper volunteer thread or ask in the Graphics request thread to get a custom made signature. :)

LoonyLuna22 July 24th, 2011 2:34 pm

Profile Picture

How do I get a profile picture? :wave:

RemusLupinFan July 24th, 2011 4:10 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafelda (Post 5781373)
Hate to be a bother again but I was wondering where all you folks find some of those great signatures? I understand how to post them but cannot seem to find a source. I have been on other forums and they had links to sites that had their themed signatures. Any hints would be much appreciated.;)

In addition to what Gertie said, you can also search the internet for pictures which you can then resize and tailor to meet your needs. :) Lots of people have images from the HP movies.
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoonyLuna22 (Post 5781579)
How do I get a profile picture? :wave:

:welcome: to CoS!

If you mean the picture that appears beside some members' names, you'll be able to get one once you're admitted into Hogsmeade. For more information, check out Hogsmeade Review Guidelines. :)